I’ve been loving the fur trend lately, especially the fur pom pom style that is everywhere right now. So, of course when I had left over faux fur, I started dreaming up all the other uses for it. The fur from my Faux Fur Stockings Tutorial was the perfect length and color to make into a fur pom pom. Today I have set out looking for the best way to turn that fabric into a lovely round pom pom. Once you’ve made a few of these, you can top them on hats, dangle them from a purse, you name it! A fur pom pom topped beanie would make such a great gift for you’re bestie or sisters, so click through to see how to make it!
***This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend things I love and believe are useful to the post!***
- 6″ round piece of Faux Fur
- Ping Pong Balls or stuff with cotton.
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Sewing machine (or hand sew) and thread
(Currently 50% off + 20% total purchase! Woot Woot!)
- Cut a round piece of fur 6″ in diameter.
- Sew 4 little curved corners (to make it into a spherical shape). I trimmed mine to avoid the bulk.
- Using the embroidery floss and needle, sew a basting stitch all the way around the edge.
- Turn right side (furry side) out, and put a little ping-pong ball into the opening to help hold its shape.
- Pull the basting stitch tight around and sew it up.
- Attach the pom pom to a hat or attach a broach pin to the bottom.
- Enjoy your new Faux Fur Pom Pom Accessory!