This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WrapGiveRepeat #CollectiveBias
I can tell the Holiday season will be extra special this year. I think this might be the first year that Travis will actually remember all the trimmings, presents, holiday smells, and beautiful details of Christmas. That also puts a little bit of pressure on me as I try to navigate teaching the true meaning of the season to him. I partnered with Scotch® Brand today to share a fun Scandinavian gift wrap tutorial and help my son plan and give to some children in need.
I’m so happy to have heard about Scotch® Brand’s partnership with the Fisher House, who provide homes for military and veterans’ families to stay in at no cost while a loved one is receiving treatment. What a blessing these homes will be to these families, especially at this time of year and Scotch® Brand is donating $200,000 to Fisher House this holiday season. So worthy. So happy.
To make things a bit more fun, I decided to involve Travis in the gift wrapping of this giving project. My general theme/scheme for Christmas decor this year is “Scandinavian Christmas” which entails lots of candy colors, whites, and rustic touches. A real tree and hand painted wrapping paper too boot! We each took white silhouettes and designed to our hearts content Scandinavian folk art in candy colored paint markers.
Follow the tutorial below to see just how we made our Scandinavian gift wrap!!!
- Plain colored wrapping paper (brown, red or white craft paper works great!)
- Scotch® Magic™ Tape 3 Pack Caddie
- White craft paint and small brush
- Paint markers
- Decorative trimmings (pine clippings, wood disks, twine, etc)
Walmart’s got your tape needs covered with rollback prices and Scotch® 50% bonus, your wrapping just can’t go wrong. I love their classic Scotch® Magic™ Tape 3 Pack Caddie, which has plenty of tape to get me through all my wrapping needs this holiday! And, I love that this colorful Magic® Tape Single Dispenser Roll can be easily refilled! Find these products in the holiday wrapping paper section of Walmart.
- Start by wrapping a boxed gift in brown craft paper.
- Paint white silhouettes in holiday designs on your gift. Ideas include: Christmas trees, stars, birds, reindeer, ornaments, Santa hats, candy canes, etc.
- Let the silhouettes dry for about 30 minutes.
- Choose a few complimentary colored paint markers to use on your gifts wrapping.
- Scandinavian folk art is very doodley, whimsical and abstract, so just start doodling. It’s really quite therapeutic, just like those adult coloring books! I just start by outlining the silhouette with leafy details or making a pattern all over like a grid, stripes, feathers, etc. It’s really imaginative and a big guessing game, but I would suggest changing colors every so often so you get a good mix throughout the wrapping paper.
- Finish off your Scandinavian Gift Wrap with a decorative trim like a pine clipping. It adds dimension and interest!
I’m so excited to do a few more of these before Christmas is here, then spend some time with Travis delivering the gifts to these wonderful kiddos! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and if you’re interested in more wrapping ideas, Scotch® Brand has a beautifully currated Instagram feed you can feast upon. Heart Eyes.